Friday, March 15, 2024

ARTS 475: Week 8

My plan is ready to go. I know what I need to do now, and finally, the end is in sight. I'm not making a sculpture or a video, I'm making a photo book and zines. I am going to make a proper photo book displaying everything in my "Photo Every Day" series from January 24th to April 24th. Hopefully there's still enough time to get the book printed after that date. I'm trying to go for a clean four months of photos, but that may not happen. 

Additionally, I will be making several copies of a zine I'm working on. This will be different from the "Photo Every Day" format as it will not be in chronological order, but will still include the same images. I plan for people to (hopefully) take a copy of my zine for themselves and then flip through the photo book at the gallery exhibition. Now that I have a clearer vision of what the final product is going to look like, I am eager to finish it up and get this thing out already.

Because of the "Photo Every Day" aspect of it, the actual book may not get printed until mid-April as I am still actively taking pictures and want to add as many as I can. I should find a good date to stop if April 24th doesn't work so I'm not rushing to get this thing done. 

It may not be super elaborate or pretty or whatever, but it's mine. These are my pictures, my words, and I'm standing by them, dammit. No, seriously...

I'm actually looking forward to making this. I thank the professors that came around to the different studios a while back for helping to put me back on track and focus on what is important to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment