Friday, March 22, 2024

ARTS 475: Week 9

My project is coming to an end. The last photo will be taken and added to the book on March 26th. That's exactly three months from when I started. I'm still on the fence about including text in a photo book. Also, the zines are coming along. They are going to be much shorter, and while they do include some of the photos from the "Photo Every Day" book, they are grouped together to show connections between themes that have been reoccurring in my work such as unhealthy eating, illness, medicine, and stress. The zines will be much shorter than the book containing only a handful of pages.

I'm going to display my photo book on a simple pedestal, and most likely have my zines in a stack next to it for people to take. I don't want to hand them out to people. That seems too... self-centered? I don't know. I don't really feel comfortable handing my "artwork" out to people. If people want to take one, they may. 

Overall, I'm pretty happy with how this project has turned out. It's the last few months of my life documented in photo format. They're special to me, even though the subject matter captured within them gets pretty dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment